The Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand. This includes carrying out direction from the Art and Creative Directors for design and production of all facets of the UO brand. This position requires a strong collaborative and explorative designer, with a hands-on approach to support the multiple creative projects. The Designer focuses on creation, development, preparation, execution, and implementation of a wide variety of projects.
The Graphic Designer should have a great understanding of printed materials, digital marketing assets, and both web and print production techniques. Candidates should have strong familiarity with standard design best practices across all platforms. Candidates should possess a passion for current and future trends in design and fashion.
- Assist in maintaining brand standards, organization and cohesion across seasonal and evergreen digital and print assets.
- Utilize creative innovation, digital techniques and an understanding of the UO brand in order to execute designs for web and corresponding digital platforms.
- Creative innovation and execution of printed techniques within the UO creative lens.
- Strong focus on file preparation-both digital and print, mock-ups, tech packs, setting up presentations, gathering supplies and more.
- Research and gather inspiration, with clear communication of intention, offering several solutions.
- Anticipate and participate by seeking opportunities, being thoughtful to design trends and concepts, and helping expand the UO design point of view.
- Help maintain brand standards, organization, and cohesion.
- Communicate project status and maintain priorities as well as present ideas with clear communication of intention, offering several solutions.
- Preflight, collect, upload and download projects, as well as organizing files in a clean useable manner.
- 2-4 years of experience with graphic design in a professional work environment; experience in fashion or marketing is a plus
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in graphic design, visual communications, or a related field
- Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proven aptitude for quick, creative, and adaptive thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative, and strong verbal etiquette.
- Ability to problem solve and follow art direction.
- Working knowledge of Apple, Figma, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
- Working knowledge of digital production standards.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of print and prepress production.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, at multiple timelines, through different seasonal deadlines.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Graphic Design
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.