URBAN OUTFITTERS ART DIRECTOR ASSISTANT
Art Director Womenswear
Based in Urban Outfitter’s head office in Philadelphia, this position sits within the Creative team reporting to the Art Director. As Art Director Assistant, you will be on the team responsible for creating and maintaining the Urban Outfitters brand identity visually through its online photography. Situated in a highly collaborative setting, it involves frequent liaison with Photography, Styling, Merchandising and File Management teams.
- Assist Art Directors in sourcing inspiration for their current and future projects and presentations.
- Create mood boards.
- Help Art Directors prepare photography and concept presentations.
- Provide additional on-set support and feedback for in-house teams.
- Make edits/selects for final deliverables.
- Provide photography retouching notes and film editing notes to internal retouching and post-production teams.
- Work closely with the Art Director to make selects on e-commerce imagery and some creative photo shoots for Urban Outfitters.com.
- Assist in sourcing appropriate and inspirational partners to bring innovative concepts and experiences to life (photographers, models, influencers).
- Consistently scout and source new locations for photoshoots.
- Collaborate with the ADs to continuously seek out new ways to update and strengthen our on-site presence across our array of apparel and accessories categories.
- Assist Art Directors in the creation and updating of templates and brand guidelines to aid in the overall creative process of the team and studio.
- An organized and streamline approach to image files and all deliverables.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in fine arts / Design or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient in Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign).
- Strong portfolio that includes photo art direction and ideally professional graphic design work. On-set shoot experience required.
- On set experience, leading and directing a team.
- Understanding of styling and fashion photography, including knowledge of relevant industry talent, along with an understanding of hair and makeup trends.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage workflow and communicate cross departmentally
- Ability and desire to travel.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines
- Solid organizational and file-management skills, detail-oriented; time management skills,
- Ability to juggle priorities amid shifting deadlines.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO UPLOAD SAMPLES OF YOUR WORK***
Location Philadelphia, PA
Travel Some travel may be required.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.