Home Digital Tech
The Home Digital Tech position requires someone who is organized, possesses strong management skills, and is extremely interested in computers/software with a strong interest in photography. The Home Digital Tech will work with the photographers and stylists during photo shoots to ensure proper capture and labeling of incoming images. The Digital Tech will work with the Art Director to make final selects and ensure proper image preparation for the web before passing final images to the web team. The Digital Tech will be responsible for preparing all images shot in studio for post-production and will work with the retouching team to maintain the UO web studioâ€™s image archive. Other responsibilities include, managing software updates, researching new hardware/software workflow combinations, and monthly monitor calibrations across all image-capturing computers. The Digital Tech will also act as a photo assistant on set.
- Ensure a high level of consistent technical quality and aesthetics for all photography created and distributed by the studio; manage shooting guides to ensure consistency
- Assist photographers with lighting and grip
- Color-calibrate all computer monitors to ensure proper image representation
- Research and develop new digital workflows
- Work with sample coordinators, merchandisers, and studio team to ensure images are delivered to the web team by their deadlines
- Understand deadlines and schedules in order to help prioritize product
- Work with web production and retouching team to optimize photography asset handoffs
- Maintain hardware and software
- Manage archive of all web images
- Conduct basic video editing
- Hands-on experience with Capture One Pro required
- RAW processing proficiency
- Knowledgeable of digital photography workflow
- Hands-on experience of the Canon EOS system
- Retouching/Photoshop proficiency strongly preferred
- Mac OS X proficiency
- Basic photography studio experience
- General web image knowledge, such as web standards and color spaces
- Extremely organized with strong time management skills
- Minor IT and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with a DAM or ShotFlow is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Photography, or relevant experience.
Some travel may be required.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.