their reviews. Expected to produce and review Standard Operating Procedures, work standards, and implement methods
to enhance workflow by identifying issues and expediting solutions. Training Leads will be primary person responsible for
training assisting special projects and DC initiatives. Follows up on training provided and evaluates results for effectiveness.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers, monitors, coaches, and guides technical and non-technical training for Distribution Center Trainers, Leads and non-exempt associates.
- Provides coaching, facilitates discussions, and makes recommendations for employeeâ€™s observations
- Work with operations manager and training captain on shift to schedule training for all new hires, retraining and cross-training.
- Ensure quarterly behavioral assessments are done with all trainers, provide effective feedback to each trainer on areas of strength and opportunities for successful performance.
- Conducts training sessions and orientations, facilitate tours of facility for new hires as they transition from onboarding into training plans.
- Maintain training logs of employees
- Communicate Productivity Standards and LM Performance
- Interact with supervision and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations
- Communicate and uphold Company policies and procedures
- Communicate expectations to all employees
- Assist in writing and updating SOPs and Preferred Work Methods
- Track procedural changes and training logs
- Ensure that all employees are focused on standards / goals for the department
- Create a positive work environment and develop ownership in department operations with employees
- Understand MHE and WMS systems and procedures
- Provide first rate communication to the Brands and Home Office Quality Assurance
- Cross-train employees in all departments to build depth
- Review individual performance and attendance
- Train employees on efficient production procedures and methods
- Assist in all other departments as needed
- All other duties assigned by Supervisor and or Manager
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent job experience
- Strong knowledge and skill in training techniques
- Labor Management Experience
- MS Suite, Time Keeping and Kronos
- Knowledge of DC operations and procedures
- Experience in highly automated distribution center or production environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including public speaking
- Knowledge of needs analysis, design, implementation and evaluation skills
- Accountable, reliable, team oriented with sound judgement
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work overtime in a fast paced environment
- Travel may be required
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Leadership: Proven ability to communicate with, support, and motivate employees to achieve operational objectives
- Organized and able to schedule multiple trainers to complete tasks in timeframe allotted
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a team environment
- Analytical, ability to track, record and report department production
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.