Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday, Day Shift
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and uphold Company policies and procedures
- Conduct start-up meetings, communicate department expectations to all employees
- Coordinate day to day work activities to ensure operational goals and objectives are met
- Ensure that all employees have the required tools and training on matters of; safety, operation standards, and department goals
- Create a positive work environment and develop ownership in department operations with your employees
- Responsible for maintaining fiscal responsibility within the DC including labor and supply cost control
- Inspect the quality of work and accuracy
- Cross-train employees in all departments to build depth
- Identify/develop candidates for promotion or for additional responsibilities
- Interact with management and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations
- Review individual performance and attendance trends and provide counseling when required
- Address employee needs in partnership with the Ops Manager
- Assist in all other departments as needed
- Promote high standards of Housekeeping and Safety
- All other duties assigned by Manager
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Leadership: Proven ability to communicate with, support, and motivate employees to achieve operational objectives
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a team environment
- Analytical, ability to track, record and report department production
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Sterling (OMS), Manhattan Associates WMS or equivalent warehouse management systems
- Familiar with Kronos time management systems
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of supervisory/management experience in an automated distribution or production environment. Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred. Familiarity with Warehouse Management system, Radio Frequency and waving strategies desired. Must be flexible to work overtime in a fast-paced environment. This individual will need the ability to excel in a rapid-changing environment, meet deadlines. Be service-oriented, team-oriented, a creative thinker, and exhibit sound judgment. Possess a high level of urgency and attention to detail. Be accountable, reliable and will set the pace of the entire operation. Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills are key for this position, as well as strong planning and organization skills.
Employees are required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, and kneel. They may frequently lift up to 50 pounds and operate warehouse equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, order picker) which requires some coordinated movements.
We Offer Competitive Benefits And Compensation Packages.
The list of Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload or technical development).
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.
Please add experience