UPP Department of Family Medicine is opening a new office in Bloomfield and we want YOU to join us! We are looking for a full time Medical Assistant to join our new office opening in Summer of 2023. This is a Monday through Friday daylight position with no weekend or holiday requirements. This position will be training at nearby UPP Family Medicine Sites with the understanding of re locating to the new office when open.
The new office will be located at 5140 Liberty Ave, Suite 150, Pittsburgh, PA 15224.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for, rooming patients, drawing blood, giving injections and vaccinations, communicating with patients via MyUPMC, and supply ordering and stocking of supplies.
Sign on Bonus may be available
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Medical Assistant Career Ladder, based on their individual experience and education.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG’s, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program or equivalent hospital program, or a minimum of one year of direct patient care experience is preferred.
Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.