UPMC Cole Memorial Medical Group is currently hiring for a Casual/Per Diem Medical Assistant I to join our outpatient float pool team. This is a flexible, as-scheduled office position with 8-hour shifts between 7:30am and 6:30pm, Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays! The offices that are covered are listed below, and UPMC offers competitive reimbursement rates for travel. Apply today and join our team in providing
Life Changing Medicine
to local communities throughout the region!
Bradford, Coudersport, Eldred, Emporium, Galeton, Port Allegany, Shinglehouse, Smethport, Ulysses, & Westfield
Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Check schedules and organize patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure rooms. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams, etc. Collect patient information/history; take vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG’s, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program or equivalent hospital program, or a minimum of one year of direct patient care experience is preferred.
Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.