Are you passionate about helping kids be their best selves?
Join our team of Life Changers!
UPMC Children’s Community Pediatrics is hiring a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse to support the office in Sarver.
Evening and weekend availability required to support the hours of operation
Prior Pediatric Office Experience Strongly Preferred.
Excellent benefits, a pleasant work environment, and friendly team are just a few of our perks. Apply today!
Under direction of a registered nurse, provide routine patient care.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Participate in health care conferences. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Assist the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care. Provide appropriate, direct patient care. Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication. Comply with established medication use policies. Observe and record patient’s symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge. Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns. Instruct and demonstrate care. Discuss any patient or family concerns with RN in charge so that issue can be appropriately addressed. Perform assigned work in a timely and productive manner. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital-related information. Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Maintain current CPR certification at Health Care Provider level. Constructively receive feedback and direction. Identify and communicate learning needs to the unit director. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs. Serve as a resource for staff and other disciplines. Serve as a preceptor for new staff members. Request assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures prior to performing new or challenging skills. Request assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by unit director. Participate in project and committee work.
Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and view problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing. Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, family members, visitors and staff members. Basic computer skills necessary to input patient care orders and medical record documentation.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Participate in health care conferences. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.