UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is hiring a
Central Sterile Processing Tech. You will work 20 hours per week.
We have a variety of shift options, and we can discuss your interests and availability at time of interview.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the proper decontamination, cleaning, inspection, assembly, packaging, sterilization, storage, distribution, and documentation of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment according to established procedures.
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the career ladder based on their individual experience and education.
- Prepares and assembles surgical tray and equipment following established tray listings for issue, storage, or further processing.
- Conforms and adheres to department policies concerning decontamination, sterile processing, infection control and safety.
Maintains a working knowledge of, and is able to effectively troubleshoot, all decontamination/sterilization equipment.
- High school Graduate/GED OR 1 year of experience with UPMC required.
- Six months of healthcare experience required.
- Currently enrolled in an Accredited Surgical Technician/Sterile Processing Program preferred.
Must complete 10 hours of continuing education to remain qualified as a Central Sterile Technician on an annual basis.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Employees active in a Central Sterile position, on or before the effective date 12/27/2020, at a healthcare facility, are grandfathered regarding certification and will not need to obtain it unless they move into a different position that would require certification. Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution or Certified Registered Central Service Technician or International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management certification required in our PA and NY facilities (MD is excluded). New employees in our PA and NY facilities (MD is excluded) will have 18 months from date of hire to obtain required certification.
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.