UPMC Health Plan is hiring temporary Contract Specialists to support the National Network Management department. This position will work standard daylight hours, Monday through Friday. The team is based out of downtown Pittsburgh’s US Steel Tower, however, this role will work in a hybrid structure. The position will last approximately 6 months but may end sooner based on department needs. This role pays a set rate of $19/hr. The Contract Specialist I will facilitate the processing of provider applications, contracts and data for the Medical, Dental and Vision Networks.
- Review received applications/contracts for completeness.
- Prepare contract files for off-site storage.
- Mailing of provider contracts and correspondence.
- Effectively prioritize and complete all assigned tasks.
- Follow up with providers for outstanding documents needed to complete the credentialing/contracting process.
- Prepare provider data documents, including contracts, for scanning.
- Perform Quality Audit checks of Filenet contract database.
- Assist with processing of provider data change requests.
- Respond to phone inquiries from providers.
- Log application/contract information into appropriate tracking databases.
Prepare provider application/contract packets and fax/mail/email to provider.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience in a business environment preferred
- Competence in MS Office preferred, including MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word
Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.