UPMC Williamsport is seeking a motivated Pharmacist to join their inpatient team! This position will typically work 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with some rotation to the second shift (2:30 to 11:00 p.m.). Additionally, this role will work every other weekend and two holidays per year.
UPMC offers a premier benefits package, designed to care for your total well-being â€” physically, emotionally, and financially â€” paired with endless opportunities for career advancement and educational growth.
New Graduates are encouraged to apply!
Ensure the provision of cost-effective pharmacotherapy contributing to optimal patient outcomes, provide experiential education for present and future health care practitioners, and support drug-related research.
- Prepare and dispense intravenous admixture solutions, as required, using aseptic technique in an accepted sterile product preparation area.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements, professional standards of practice, and hospital quality management policies and procedures in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Communicate with physicians and nurses to insure prompt clarification of orders that are unclear, illegible, or incomplete.
- Organize daily operational duties and assist in the supervision of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy aides, student interns and other ancillary personnel involved in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Provide drug information and/or educational programs to healthcare professionals and pharmacy students.
- Utilize all available technologies in the provision of pharmaceutical care (i.e., computer systems and databases, Acu-Dose, Robot-Rx, pneumatic tube system, etc).
- Review, maintain, and screen patient medication records and profiles for allergies, drug interactions and therapeutic duplications while entering orders and/or verifying medications.
- Identify and report suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sustain the formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchange protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Fill prescription orders in accordance with State and Federal regulations, utilizing technological resources and equipment.
Interpret and evaluate physician orders in order to prepare, calculate, and dispense appropriate medication dosage forms for inpatient and outpatient treatment in accordance with the Pennsylvania Pharmacy Practice Act, Federal Drug Laws, and other regulatory organizations.
B.S. degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D.) required. 3-6 months hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Previous experience or familiarity with investigational drug control procedures and protocol design is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.