UPMC Jameson is currently hiring a Full Time Professional Staff Nurse to support the IV Therapy Team!
UPMC is dedicated to providing each patient with the right care, in the right way, at the right time, every time. Our Registered Nurses are essential partners in that mission, enhancing the patient experience at UPMC with positivity and integrity. Join us as we provide Life Changing Medicine to our community.
This position is eligible for up to a generous $15,000 Sign-On Bonus with a 2-year commitment for experienced Registered Nurses with more than 1 year of experience!
Graduate Nurses starting 1/1/2022 or later are eligible to receive up to a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus with a 2-year commitment.
As a Nurse At UPMC, You Will Find
- Competitive wages, with the highest BSN differential in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- An incomparable benefits package, including tuition reimbursement.
Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment and technology in health care today
UPMC offers a very clearly defined Nursing Career Ladder to promote growth throughout your Nursing Career. Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the My Nursing Career Ladder based on their individual experience and education. Please note that the below salary may vary pending years of experience and education of the selected candidate.
UPMC is committed to investing in nurses like you â€“ financially, personally, and professionally â€“ starting on day one of your career. From tackling student loans to advancing your career later in life, UPMC is the partner you need to succeed and thrive in your nursing career.
Hereâ€™s How We Support Our Nurses
- Generous Sign-On Bonus of up to $15,000
- UPMCâ€™s brand new Monthly Loan Repayment program, exclusively for 2022 nursing graduates, offering $20,000* in loan repayment paid over three years (*Eligible flex full-time RN roles to receive prorated amount)
- Up to five and a half weeks of Paid Time Off annually, plus seven paid holidays each year
- Dedicated career ladders, including a brand-new nursing career ladder added just this year, allowing you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your experience and advanced education
Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per academic year at any accredited institution, available to employees and their dependents (plus discounts for UPMC employees including no cost RN-BSN/MSN options!)
The Professional Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder, with opportunities for advancement and continued growth. Apply today!
Final candidates will be selected for a job title within the career ladder that reflects level of education, experience and manager discretion at time of offer
The Senior Professional Staff Nurse is a Registered Nurse and a member of the care delivery team. The Senior Professional Staff Nurse is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Senior Professional Staff Nurse has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of nursing care. The Senior Professional Staff Nurse manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Senior Professional Staff Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Senior Professional Staff Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Senior Professional Staff Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
- Applies the nursing process within the framework of Relationship Based Care to create a healing environment. Formulates daily goals and a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient in a holistic manner. Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient’s condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care. Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system’s goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical quality as well as workplace improvement. Applies evidence based practice as a regular aspect of professional practice. Serves on or leads teams that launch innovations in patient care or support a healthy workforce.
- Demonstrates a passion for developing others, enthusiastically and expertly precepts students, graduate nurses and new hires. Analyzes clinical and behavioral situations, identifying learning opportunities to improve patient care practices. Regularly seeks feedback on performance and applies continuous professional improvement. Supports continuous learning in the clinical area by sharing research, materials from professional organizations, presenting on the unit, supporting journal clubs, etc.
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing practice by serving as a recognized unit leader in one or more of the following areas: clinical expertise, teacher, specialized resource nurse, and/or evidence based practice. Consistently gives appropriate feedback to all members of the health care team and participates in the nursing peer review process.Promotes change that enhances the quality of patient care and the unit environment. Serves on teams and leads successful teams as a part of daily practice. Demonstrates highly developed clinical assessment and analytical skills within the context of Relationship Based Care. Actively participates in shared governance at unit level and serves on hospital-wide councils.
- Builds and mends relationships among colleagues within the framework of a healthy workplace. Role models keen cultural awareness including preventing and addressing horizontal violence and impairment. Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life through prioritization and delegation of responsibilities.
Demonstrates knowledge and provides critical nursing care for ventilator dependent patient: -Patients requiring hemodynamic monitoring -Patients requiring IABP -Pre and Post diagnostic and interventional coronary angiography -Pre and Post complex surgic
The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below. They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- BSN preferred.
- Must obtain a Solid/Strong/Good or higher on a Professional Staff Nurse Performance Evaluation to be promoted to this level.
- Must maintain a Solid/Strong/Good or higher on annual performance evaluation to maintain status.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.,
Minimum 2 years experience.BSN preferred.Annual completion of a professional contributions selected from department, hospital or system goals, and approved by Unit Director OR UPMC approved nursing certification required within 1 year of hire/transfer and must be maintained OR Certification not required if Master’s in nursing or DNP is held. If a BSN is held, a Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted in lieu of Certification.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact agreement with the state where the facility is located. UPMC approved nursing certification preferred. Annual completion of a professional contributions selected from department, hospital or system goals, and approved by Unit Director OR UPMC approved nursing certification required within 1 year of hire/transfer and must be maintained. OR Certification not required if Master’s in nursing or DNP is held. If a BSN is held, a Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted in lieu of Certification. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.