UPMC Hamot is seeking a Call Center Agent to provide support to our hospital communications team! The Call Center Agent will
answer incoming calls and facilitate inter and intra communication for the UPMC Hamot organization. The selected candidate must be flexible with scheduling as this role will support a variety of shifts. Shifts may be scheduled from 7:00AM to 3:00PM, 11:00AM to 7:00PM, 3:00PM to 9:00PM, 3:00PM to 11:00PM, or 11:00PM to 7:00AM. This is a full-time position. Some weekends and holidays will be required.
If you have great customer service skills and are interested in joining a dynamic team that helps provide excellent support to our patients, physicians, and medical teams across UPMC, apply today!
- Responds to emergency situations by following specific protocol including means such as overhead announcements, individual pager notification or phone calls and utilization of mass notification software.
- Organizes communication between UPMC Hamot and regional hospitals to facilitate the patient transfer process while upholding the highest quality of patient care.
- Provides service to the UPMC Hamot community, patients, families and staff, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.Utilizes associated Call Center applications to facilitate inter and intra communication for the UPMC Hamot organization including call transfers, overhead announcements, facilitating patient transfers, after hours answering service, staff paging and centralized scheduling.
- Functions as an answering service representative for multiple Specialty and Primary Care agencies to provide after hour call-out service and support, following specific protocol as provided by the physician office management.
- Communicates all customer and staff complaints or concerns to the Call Center Supervisor/Coordinator or Lead Call Center Agent.
- Responsible for inventory of special needs patient equipment by signing equipment in and out to hospital staff and keeping accurate records.
Functions as an answering service representative for multiple Specialty and Primary Care agencies to provide after hour call-out service and support, following specific protocol as provided by the physician office management.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two years experience in a position with direct public contact providing customer service.
- Independent thinker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse departments in high pressure situations
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
Must have computer skills
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.