UPMC Steel City Internal Medicine is seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant to join their McCandless practice.
The practice is located on the suburban campus of Passavant Hospital in McCandless. It is easily accessible from McKnight Road and minutes from North Park.
The newly renovated office encompasses one entire floor of the processional building. The busy internal medicine practice also has a walk in clinic.
This position works Monday – Friday, daylight hours with a rotating Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm. No evenings or holidays! Free Parking! Sign-On Bonus!
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Medical Assistant Career Ladder, based on their individual experience and education.
Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Check schedules and organize patient flow.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Collect patient information/history, taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines.
- Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance.
- Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keep appropriate records.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKGs, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Complete forms/requisitions as needed.
- Schedule appointments.
- Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Prepare and manage charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately.
Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program or equivalent hospital program, or a minimum of one year of direct patient care experience is preferred.
Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organizationâ€™s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Differences) Network, which support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.