UPMC Williamsport is currently hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our outpatient Neurosurgery office! This is a full-time day shift position, 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with no weekends or major holidays (7 paid holidays/yr). If you are an LPN looking for a consistent weekly schedule and excellent benefits while working alongside a team of exceptional healthcare professionals, then this is the opportunity you’ve been searching for. Apply today and join our mission to bring
Life Changing Medicine
to our community.
This position is currently eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent graduate looking to launch your nursing career, or an experienced LPN looking for something new, there has never been a better time to join UPMC!
- Sign-On Bonus Details:
- $5,000 – 2yr Commitment | 0-1yr exp. & recent graduates
$7,500 – 2yr Commitment | 1yr+ exp.
Provides professional nursing care to office patients under supervision of patient care providers.
- Draw blood.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Administer medications including oral, SQ, IM, and IV drip.
- Assist physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments.
- Assess patient’s general condition and take vital signs and weight.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Perform IV therapy under direction of Registered Nurse.
- Document all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
Promote wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice/instructions
Graduate of an approved LPN school of nursing.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.