This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus!
Sign-On Bonus Details
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over 1 year of experience
$10,000 sign-on bonus available for graduate nurses with a graduation date of December 2021 and beyond
Are you a caring and compassionate graduate or experienced nurse with a passion for internal medicine and medical/interventional cardiology? Is your goal to provide top-notch patient care and make a difference in the lives of your patients? If so, explore this opportunity with us today!
UPMC Shadyside, a Magnet-designated facility within UPMC, is currently hiring a Regular Full-Time Registered Nurse to support the Interventional Cardiology unit, 4 Pavilion.
About The Position
4 Pavilion is an Internal Medicine and Medical/Interventional Cardiology unit. The patients on this unit are typically admitted for a wide variety of medical conditions with a concentration on cardiac management and procedures such as PTCA, pacemaker insertion, or AICD insertion. The unit culture is team-oriented with a supportive staff, a great place for both experienced nurses as well as graduate nurses.
Our Registered Nurses work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays to ensure 24/7 coverage on the floor.
Why Work at UPMC?
UPMC is committed to investing in nurses like you â€“ financially, personally, and professionally â€“ starting on day one of your career. From tackling student loans to advancing your career later in life, UPMC is the partner you need to succeed and thrive in your nursing career.
Hereâ€™s How We Support Our Nurses
- Generous Sign-On Bonus of up to $15,000 (*Amount and eligibility based on type of nursing role and candidate experience)
- UPMCâ€™s brand new Monthly Loan Repayment Program, exclusively for 2022/2023 nursing graduates, offering $20,000* in loan repayment paid over three years (*Eligible flex full-time RN roles to receive prorated amount)
- Up to five and a half weeks of Paid Time Off annually, plus seven paid holidays each year
- Dedicated career ladders, including a brand-new nursing career ladder added just this year, allowing you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your experience and advanced education
Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per academic year at any accredited institution, available to employees and their dependents (plus discounts for UPMC employees including no cost RN-BSN/MSN options!)
At UPMC, weâ€™re passionate about continuing to support your growth throughout your nursing journey. We offer a robust career ladder for bedside nursing that starts with Professional Staff Nurse and leads to Expert Nurse and beyond. The final job title and rate of pay will be based upon both individual qualifications and candidate choice. Any required certifications and contributions based on job title will be afforded a timeframe to obtain. Our competitive career ladder, as well as our Total Rewards package, will be discussed at time of offer to ensure you can make the choices that are right for you. The minimum rate of pay for a non-BSN Professional Staff Nurse is $28.90.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence, and impairment in the health professions. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives. Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Actively engages in clinical development and/or RN residency program for new hires. Requests opportunities to learn the safe, accountable and autonomous practice from more experienced nurses. Seeks, accepts, and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors, and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care. Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional nursing organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence-based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in unit-based journal clubs. Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the clinical area.
- Zero to one year of experience.
- Completion of UPMC student nurse internship or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately with the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
- They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities are required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting, and positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from the issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
- CPR is required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.