UPMC Williamsport has an opening for a Full-Time, Day Shift Endoscopy Technician in the Endoscopy Department!
This position will also have weekend and holiday call responsibilities.
Perform a variety of skills in the GI Lab procedural rooms that assist the team, under the direction of the Physician and the Registered Nurse. Assist the nursing staff by performing specific adolescent/adult/geriatric patient care and unit order activities. Manage the care and maintenance of all video and fiberoptic endoscopy and instruments used in the G.I. Laboratory.
- Care for and maintain all endoscopic equipment utilized in the G.I. Laboratory. Ensure equipment is functioning properly before use. Demonstrates knowledge, operation, and troubleshooting of processors and equipment. Provides back up to Equipment Reprocessors as needed.
- Maintain supply inventory, rotate stock, and restock procedural rooms as needed. Re-order supplies or report to responsible party the need to re-order items. Return unused product or reusable equipment to proper storage place.
- Assist in the preparation/obtaining of specimens, proper labeling of, and logging of specimens. Deliver specimens to appropriate area as necessary.
- Consistently offers assistance to coworkers. Works cooperatively and promotes effective communication. Receptive and encourages feedback. Assume responsibility for own development. Attend/read relevant departmental in-service programs, actively participate in GI Lab staff meetings, participate in unit based performance improvement, perform secretarial functions as needed, and/or participate in self review as requested by department manager.
Prepares the procedure room correctly with the appropriate endoscope, equipment, and instruments. Ensures equipment is functioning properly before use. Anticipates the needs of the physician and what may be needed for the case. Demonstrates competency in performance of skills.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Previous employment or training as an Endoscopy Technician, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Surgical Tech, or other medical specialty such as Central Service Technician preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.