We are hiring a Support Service Worker – Community Habilitation to support UPMC – Western Behavioral Health of the Alleghenies.
The Support Service Worker – Community Habilitation provides services and other activities as designated in the Individual Support Plan (ISP). This will be done in a manner consistent with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
This is a casual position with hours based on the needs of the client. Work will be performed primarily in the client’s home.
- Follow the Values of Everyday Lives’ Policy.
- Respond to individual’s strengths so as to enhance their growth and development and to help each person reach their maximum potential.
- Responsible for Human Resource Compliance. Submit required HR documentation when due. Wear Identification badge.
- Responsible for customer relations and customer satisfaction. Value customers by making serving individual’s a top priority. Communicate with Managing Employer in a courteous and timely manner. Report and document customer complaints under the direction of the Program Specialist. Establish and maintain customer relationship focus with all internal/external customers.
- Report all safety problems and injuries appropriately.
- Perform work in accordance with the approved Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in Agency committees as requested.
- Demonstrate support of Agency mission and philosophy in delivery of services.
- Attend required in-services, conferences and training programs.
- Responsible for documentation of care provided and observations. Document care provided according to Agency procedures. Document and notify the Managing Employer and Program Specialist changes in the individual’s condition/environment and any problems. Complete Service Records and Location Sheets in accordance with Agency guidelines. Submit documentation within Agency defined timeframes.
- Comply with established Agency requirements. Adhere to infection control principles and standards. Adhere to Agency quality control standards. Complete infection control surveillance survey as mandated. Complete education requirements. Comply with Agency safety standards.
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external customers.
Maintain and protect support person, Managing Employer and Agency confidentiality.
- Must be able to read and write at an 8th grade level in order to complete service records.
- Agency with Choice Services: Unlicensed Home & Community Habilitation W7060: Level 3 & W7068: Level 4Level 3: The provision of the service at a staff-to-individual ratio of 1:1 Level 4: The provision of the service at a staff-to-individual ration of 2:1 -This is a direct service that may be made available to individuals in their own home or in other residential or community settings not subject to licensing regulations.
- Services are designed to assist people in acquiring, retaining, and improving the self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings.
- Recreation is not an eligible service.
- Entrance fees to events and membership fees are not covered.
- Camp day or overnight can only be provided under respite.
Must successfully complete background checks to include federal and state mandated clearances, employee health screening, and post job offer drug testing.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Automotive Insurance
- Driver’s License
- Act 34
OAPSA with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.