UPMC McKeesport is looking for an RN with 3 or more years of experience to support their 3 Mansfield Med/Surg Unit!
Join this amazing team and take the first steps towards your Leadership dream!
The Clinician is a nurse leader who has direct responsibility in the achievement of a culture of excellence and patient care. The Clinician is a highly developed role model of professional nursing practice. Under the general direction of the Unit Director or other department manager, the Clinician will complete and deliver employee evaluations, conduct selection and hiring of staff, and manage the daily performance for a group of direct reports. The Clinician is responsible for providing service-based education and clinical expertise for staff including orientation and training, consultation on practice issues, and general coordination of clinical activities. Additionally, the Clinician may have shift accountability for delivering nursing care when needed.
- Provides physician support to assist with completion of Depart/Medication Reconciliation function in eRecord.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by building teams and relationships through mentoring and modeling uplifting and positive communication.
- Coaches colleagues on cultural diversity and addresses workplace horizontal violence and impairment.
- Demonstrates accountability to self and others for safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyles.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement tools and techniques.
- Continuously improves the quality of care and the work environment of outcomes and the integration of research and best practices into daily work.
- Shares learning from improvements with other units and/or spreads across the business unit or system.
- Demonstrates interest in the development of others and positively impacts the lives of patients/families, peers, and members of the healthcare team through mentoring, education, and knowledge sharing.
- Actively participates in the role of preceptor for student nurses, nurse interns, graduate and experienced nurses and assists with the development of new preceptors in their role.
- Mentors and role models quest for continuous learning through formal education and the development of others.
- Seeks opportunities to share expertise with other members of the healthcare team within and beyond the clinical unit/department.
- Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system’s goals to improve patient safety, quality, and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Disseminates new knowledge and innovations through presentations, posters, and publications.
- Applies nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the analysis of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care.
- Practices solid verbal and written communication skills and can articulate and translate the patient’s condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices.
- Ensures patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers.
- Serves as a leader in clinical nursing practice, identifying patient and staff focused opportunities for improvement and leading the change process.
- Identifies, educates, and supports the psychological and learning needs of staff during change and transition.
- Practices participatory leadership and is an active member of shared leadership at the unit, facility, or system level.
- Assumes formal leadership responsibilities for one or more of the following: quality improvement, evidence-based practice, GN or new hire on-boarding.
Completes and/or assists with staff performance evaluations for direct reports as applicable.
- Minimum 3 years of nursing experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
- BS/BSN required.
- If BS degree not in nursing, a Master’s or higher degree in Nursing is required
- Demonstrated competence as a Professional Staff Nurse.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in practicing state.
- National Certification preferred.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.