UPMC Jameson, a full-service community hospital located in New Castle, PA, is currently hiring a Limited Casual Environmental Services Associate to join and support our Environmental Services Team. This job provides a comfortable and clean environment to meet hospital and department standards for both our patients and employees. Teamwork is an essential part of this duty to ensure that you live up to the UPMC values daily. This position consists of all 3 shifts, including, but not limited to: weekends, off shifts, and a rotation of holidays. This role requires no travel and no on-call duties.
Clean all aspects of assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. Move equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and remove and hang blinds and curtains.
- Make beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
- Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
- Clean all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
- Maintain assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
- Remove trash from all assigned areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation regulations.
Move equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties. Ability to use housekeeping equipment. May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.