UPMC Altoona is seeking a full time Registered Nurse to support the 3G Behavioral Health unit on evening shifts!
Our Behavioral Health Unit holds 34 adult patients. We have a mix of RN’s LPN’s PCT and Mental Health Workers that support the team. Our patients come in for a wide variety mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, co-existing substance issues, and psychosis. Our staff are trained on how to help our patients process, learn coping skills, medication management and compliance. Our Psychiatrist sees our patients daily to ensure they are on the proper dosage of medications, if there are any side effects and if patient is having clinical improvement. 3G has a wonderful work environment with a wide variety skill sets and every day provides rewards and challenges.
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years of experience
If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then you may be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan repayment bonus!
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient’s outcome based on previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient’s response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient’s needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately,
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and implements physicians’ orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs.
Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
Education and Formal Training Required:
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department’s orientation program and probationary period.
Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Act 34 with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.