Great Lakes Physician Practice is hiring a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to support the emergency department at UPMC Chautauqua. The days and shifts will vary among the APPs in the department, morning, midshift and night. Sign on bonus available!
See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers â€“ itâ€™s more than just a job!
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMCâ€™s mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do For You
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
Competitive pay for the work that you do â€“ base pay, merit, and premium pay, Sign-On Bonus if applicable
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs
Provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
- Handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care
- Good clinical judgment
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity
Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances
- A graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the physician assistant (ARC-PA) is required
- BS or MS candidate is preferred
- Experience as a physician assistant and/or experience in a clinical setting is preferred
- Current NY state PA license certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required
Current CPR certification is required
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Current NY state RN license and NP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by New York board of nursing, eligible for certification as a NP by New York state board of nursing
Current CPR certification is required
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusions that is charged with executing leading-edge and next- generation diversity strategies to advance the organizationâ€™s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resources Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Difference) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.