UPMC Bedford has an oportunity for a Housekeeping Associate to join our team in Everett, PA!
We are looking for a candidate who is a team-player and independent, and has a great attitude!
The schedule for this position consists of Dayshifts.
This position may be eligible for up to a $500 sign-on bonus with a one-year work commitment.
The Environmental Service (EVS) Associate is responsible for cleaning all aspects of assigned areas in the hospital, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. The (EVS) Associate moves equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and removes and hangs blinds and curtains.
- Makes beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
- Replenishes paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
- Cleans all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
- Maintains assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
- Removes trash from all assigned areas.
- Follows all safety and sanitation regulations.
Moves equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED or successful completion of the 5-week EVS training program.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties.
Ability to use housekeeping equipment. May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.