Managing the coordination of care including but not limited to scheduling patient referrals, consults, and surgeries. Ensuring all treatment, medical necessity and insurance qualifications are met on behalf of the patient to ensure appropriate and uninterrupted services for the physician office
- Prepare charts and appropriate documentation as required by Physician, medical facility, surgical area etc. Maintain and disburse medical information in an organized manner. Maintain and update all Provider calendars for multiple areas if necessary, utilizing EPIC, Electronic Health Record, Meeting and Calendar applications. Performs other office duties as required such as answering phones, scheduling office visits, patient registration, filing, etc. Demonstrates UPMC Hamot’s Commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and co-worker and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
Evaluate, organize and schedule Physician requests for continuing patient care including consults, diagnostic testing, surgical procedures including pre and post operative requirements, and various types of patient education. Works independently to secure appropriate documentation including patient consent, insurance and medical necessity verification and authorizations; orders and any other forms as requested. Act as liaison between patient, physician, insurance carriers and other providers as needed. Effectively communicates with staff, physicians and public. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in communications and assures patient confidentiality with the appropriate release of medical records information. Confirm patient appointments. Responsible for providing information to patients regarding preparation for tests, examinations and procedures as necessary. Responsible for entering, daily tracking and updating of scheduled items.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Proficient in various computer programs such as word, excel also including scheduling, electronic medical record and billing programs
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical office processes, and procedures
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to collaborate and communicate with all individuals and /or departments across various medical departments, offices and hospitals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
This position typically reports to Business Manager.
1-3 years Physician office experience with scheduling and billing knowledge
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.