When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
Unum Solutionsâ€™ ambition is to transform the market by driving business growth through digital first approach, and reimagined products, services & customer experiences. Unum Solutions aims to build market leading products and services that drive revenue growth and margin. Our vision is to be the leading provider in our markets by offering differentiated experiences for employers, employees, and brokers.
The AVP, Services Pricing role will be accountable for driving financial results in partnership with corporate and business leaders. The AVP will be accountable for providing direction to drive optimal profitable growth of the Services business. They will achieve this through comprehensive financial and strategic analysis support, pricing, value creation and overall profitability of the assigned product line.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure profitable pricing with optimum balance among revenue growth, earnings, ROE and competitive position Assure development and utilization of data and management information in support of the business executives and operations.
- Develop repeatable pricing model based on cost to serve analysis
- Assure pricing and practices work to evaluate and price nonâ€“standard elements appropriately.
- Works closely with business Underwriting to deliver timely, competitive quotes to the market.â€¯ Underwriting will deliver final quote to market and will manage competitive negotiations.
- Develop case pricing and renewal strategies and approaches where needed inclusive of pricing story for sales to explain and sell client level rate increases, when needed.
- Establish relationships with business leadership to provide thought leadership that serves to inform and ground key business decisions. Collaborate with subject matter experts, provide quality financial analytics and exercise judgment to drive optimum solutions for complex issues. Provide concise, cohesive, well-articulated explanations to support recommendations.
- Seek out and maintain cooperative, productive cross-functional partnerships with other business leaders and other finance partners including the allocation and sharing of resources where appropriate. (e.g. expense reporting, revenue recognition.)
- Assure pricing studies, models and tools are developed and maintained to align with the business and our financial objectives.
- Forecasting volumes and assuring that staffing, productivity and capacity models are developed and maintained to align with the business and budget and staffing expectations.
- Leadership responsibility for financial and pricing management of assigned lines of business.
- Continually updating cost/complexity models as offering, process and technology is changed/improved/expanded
- Knowledgeable in the details of the products offered by the business line, the time and costs to perform different steps in the process.
- Drive and/or support strategic and business planning processes, including incorporation of external impacts on feasibility of strategies and business plans. Ensure alignment of initiatives and business plans with business strategies and financial plan.
- Accountable for achievement of the financial plan by working with Lines of Business Management to understand performance relative to plan, develop action steps to address variances, and drive ongoing monitoring and management of financial results
- Ensure confidence in and understanding of the financial reporting and financial forecasting outputs by direct involvement with the monthly, quarterly, and annual processes.
- College degree with accounting or financial background. Minimum of 10 years financial background in Financial Services sector.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills â€“ able to model for costs, capacity, volume projections, etc.
- Ability to frame up issues, options and solutions using financial data for business decision-making.
- Financial planning and/or cost accounting experience
- Extensive quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a variety of stakeholders across UUS and Finance
- Strong technical acumen â€“ understanding implications of technology and process changes to the pricing and capacity models
- Ability to think strategically
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.