Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company â€” not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and weâ€™re excited about whatâ€™s next. Join us.
Unum is hiring for an Associate IT Service Manager who will work as the Audio-Visual Engineer responsible for overseeing the technical operations associated with onsite event spaces and small to large seminars as well as conference room management & systems in our Portland, ME Campus. In this role you will coordinate, communicate & direct all levels of the enterprise, including IT, Departmental Event Coordinators, Corporate Communication, and senior level executives to assist in the determination and performance of audio/visual & live streaming services and/or lighting needs including set up â€“ generating designs and layouts for audio /video for events. You will also troubleshoot and debug A/V systems inside onsite event space.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1 â€“ 2 years + in the field of audio/visual, IT Support, Public Broadcasting and/or event management.
- Experience using Microsoft Collaboration tools, ideally Teams, Planner & Bookings
- Experience working with IT Service Management Systems, specifically ServiceNow
- Experience with producing Live productions, Camera operation, video switching & editing, audio mixing â€“ general broadcast and streaming equipment and software with specific knowledge pertaining to ProPresenter, Blackmagic, Finalcut and Adobe Creative Suite
- Some experience and knowledge supporting Video Conferencing solutions (Crestron, Poly, Yealink, Logitech, Solstice, etc.) including, installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
- Has a passion for service improvement
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Has excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility as well as taking a proactive approach to daily tasks
- The incumbent must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule at times due to the type of event the Associate IT Service Manager will, at times, be required to work outside of normal business hours that can include nights and weekends.
- Physical exertion (i.e. lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of AV equipment and event related furniture) will be required to perform the essential job functions.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best â€“ both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.