Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company â€” not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and weâ€™re excited about whatâ€™s next. Join us.
Unum is seeking a Development Engineer to join our growing team with strong application and technical competence subject matter expertise and complex multisystem environment experience (API, Microservices, database structure, and C#,.NET, and or Java). As the Sr. Engineer, you will guarantee that the agile team’s delivery fulfills the agreed-upon architecture requirements. To succeed in the role, you will collaborate with business area architects on the conceptualization, design, development, and delivery of solutions inside the business portfolio, as well as investigate third-party/cloud solutions to ensure successful technological integration.
We are not looking for a developer per se (though there will be development duties) but an engineer who can put plans into place for project delivery, make tactical decisions about process, design focus, and help bridge gaps in our technology ecosystem by networking and meeting with members of various teams to help better understand where we are and how to get further technically.
Technology: API, Microservices, .Net, ASP.Net, C#, Azure, AWS, SQL Server
- Bachelors of Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Strong database and integration skills ideal
- Complex multisystem ecosystems experience such as: , APIs, Microservices, AWS, C#, .Net, and/or JAVA
- 6+ years’ experience in software development and delivery track record in a range or roles in a scrum environment
- Demonstrable experience in continuous integration & takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and paying close attention to detail
- Skilled in Agile development/methodologies
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; experience leading groups of people through discussions, technical or otherwise
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Technical leadership experience across teams
- Collaboration across development teams, product owners, and infrastructure partners
- Ability to learn and document applications via cross-training and code review
- Exposure to Exstream or similar document generation capabilities
- Exposure to Dynatrace server and application monitoring or similar
- Ability to lead production event triage calls with incident management
- Ability to concisely document architectural design direction and review with development teams and leadership
- Ability to estimate overall development effort through delivery
- Exposure to agile methodology and capability-based architecture modeling
- Exposure to workflow automation â€“ IProcess/Pega
- Eagerness to grow beyond the responsibility of a Sr Developer
- Exposure to infrastructure and technical upgrades, estimation of impacts, and resolving associated issues
- Exposure to scalability, stability, security, and performance testing/monitoring
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best â€“ both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.