When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Associate Onboarding Specialist will develop expertise and skills necessary to ensure a successful on boarding of group, individual or voluntary cases as assigned. This position is the first level in a five-level job family accountable for the successful on-boarding of Unum Customers. This level focuses on standard group cases that are under 100 lives.
Work is performed under general supervision according to established guidelines. This individual builds the knowledge and skills to promote capabilities from a customer perspective, aligning needs with the target offering through persuasion, negotiation, and education.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Accountable for successfully onboarding the customer by providing consultation of the right products and solutions as well as ensuring accurate deliverables to prevent downstream issues and impact to claims or servicing
- Collaborates with multiple internal partners and stakeholders from billing through claims on all cases under 100 lives
- Manages new business issues and delivery processes including data collection with a sense of urgency, integrity of data and quality of deliverables to achieve completion within turnaround time targets
- Develops ability to be consultative with customer on emerging technology solutions and enrollment technology to improve client experience
- Builds understanding of and executes on systems coding requirements (e.g., for creation of contract, first bill, booklet text, and commission schedules, etc.)
- Effectively and proactively consults with customers to ensure understanding and set up of standard administrative procedures for multiple functional areas (including billing, claims, and enrollment), along with setting appropriate expectations with regards to these processes and impact to delivery of bills, contracts, and booklet text
- Develops and analyzes contracts and provisions to identify change requests that will impact overall risk and/or rates and notify field partners of the implications of an exception/change
- Builds and leverages strong internal partnerships to find service resolutions and make it easy for our customers to do business with Unum
- Operate with strong customer service and sense of urgency in responding to field partner, broker, and customer inquiries to ensure that responsiveness and service standards are being met
- Achieves high customer satisfaction during customer acquisition
- Meets individual goals while assisting team to meet team goals
- Operates with urgency in a real time service environment
- Responsible for customer education and expectation setting
- Consistently engage in lean management and agile practices to enhance technology and process with the goal of achieving higher Employer CSAT during onboarding
- Responsible for resolution and troubleshooting of technology and service issues that occur throughout onboarding and enrollment experience
- May perform other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of Unum products and services, as well as organizational structure
- Solid customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in high production and dynamic work environments
- Ability and commitment to work as an effective team member toward shared goals
- Positive attitude, adaptive/flexible and willingness to learn in a fast-changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills â€“ both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and MS Project
- Applied knowledge of Unum systems, or aptitude for working in multiple technological environments
- Demonstrates initiative i.e., is proactive, takes action, assumes responsibility, is self-motivated
- Ability to analyze problems and develop and execute creative solutions
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.