To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
This senior level position is accountable for the successful on-boarding of increasingly complex integrated cases over 100 lives in the core market. Responsibilities include enrollment support requiring new and emerging technology solutions as well as a deep understanding of existing digital and technology solutions available based on size segment. The customer will include field partners, plan administrators, brokers, third party administrators, enrollment firms and technology partners through the acquisition process this role is accountable for proactive new case oversight, driving implementation activities from the point of presubmission and case consultation, through successful presentation of the first accurate customer deliverables to include bill and policy. The role operates independently with a sales and marketing perspective, understands key relationships, and engages partners to drive the best solution for the customer. This role may also include consultative plan design support and discussion with the Field, Plan Administrators, Producers, Underwriting, and other various areas to ensure completeness and accuracy of the new sale implementation. This role effectively collaborates and builds partnerships across all areas to ensure a positive customer long term experience.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage complex timelines for enrollment readiness. This encompasses file testing (hosting), pre-enrollment consultation and readiness calls with both internal and external partners as needed.
- Manage new business issue, including pre-sale data collection, integrity of data and quality of deliverables to achieve completion within cycle time targets
- Ensure Accurate systems coding (e.g. for creation of contract, first bill, booklet text, and commission schedules, etc.)
- Effectively and proactively consult with customers to drive set up of administrative procedures that meet the specific customer needs (including billing, claims, and enrollment), along with setting appropriate expectations with regards to these processes and impact to delivery of bills, contracts, and booklet text. Identify potential issues, concerns, and problems through problem solving, seeks root cause and identifies solutions that provide an improved client experience
- Recognize change requests that will impact overall risk and/or rates and notify field partners of the implications of an exception/change and collaborates on potential solutions and alternatives
- Ensures set up of data connection solutions to support ongoing administrative and eligibility. This includes troubleshooting data options, education of the services, submitting appropriate file set up requests, working with internal and external partners to accomplish testing needs and communication to all stakeholders during the process until files are successfully in production.
- Contributes to the development of new tools and process mapping that supports new offerings and updates/improves current tools, actively seeks opportunities to implement changes which improve accuracy, timeliness, productivity and customer satisfaction
- Promotes efforts to identify an improve customer service, may participate in or lead projects and studies regarding major changes to new account creation and information collection
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency in responding to field partner, broker and customer inquiries to ensure that responsiveness and service standards are being met Leverage internal partnerships to identify service resolutions that make it easy for our customers to do business with Unum
- Participates in customer implementation meetings as needed to support the onboarding process
- Defines, communicates and manages workflow and data coordination to support various implementation related reports (i.e., reporting, inventory, capacity reporting, and ad-hoc reports as needed by management)
- Achieves high customer satisfaction during customer acquisition through building of relationship with the customer during the implementation period
- Provides support to all onboarding tiers as volume of work and capacity demands
- Acknowledges and acts on the needs of the organization with a sense of urgency in a real time service environment with minimal direction and supervision.
- Will provide training, mentoring and coaching to more junior level staff and new hires.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experiences
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Services or related industry/field
- 1-3 years of experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Ability to plan, negotiate, organize, and influence internal and external resources
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of functional systems within Unum and corresponding business applications
- Experience in successfully managing concurrent projects and managing multiple resources
- Demonstrates initiative â€“ proactive, takes action, assumes responsibility, is self motivated
- Ability to embrace and lead change to improve process, efficiency and service
- Supports a culture that is externally focused
- Ability to analyze problems and develop and execute creative, customer-focused solutions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to ensure overall business needs are met
- May require occasional travel
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.