When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Client Development Specialists role is instrumental to the success of the Core Market & Specialists teams for business with 100+ employees. As an essential member of the team, the role will support the field sales office to drive consistency and growth through enrollments, in force block management and sales support. This role will be a critical partner to the field including Core Reps, CMâ€™s, NCMâ€™s and Specialists.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
Enrollment and Re-Enrollment Coordination and Support (50% of role)
Provide overall support and consultative guidance to CM and Sales Rep for enrollment activities and supports the team, broker and customer and communicates effectively with all applicable parties.
- Act as the enrollment subject matter expert to the field
- Support core market team in procuring enrollment resources and marketing materials through Fox/M20
- Completion of enrollment event in Sales Force with enrollment details
- Understand & execute enrollment method based on technology fit and Unum guidelines (ie Hosting, Plane, Enrollment App, etc.).
- Educate team and or customer/broker on best enrollment solution.
- Request Benefit Counselor representation for Unum+ or Benefit fair activities.
Drive Sales Support & Market Development Activities (20% of role)
- Support pre-sale, preparation of presentations, customer/broker call prep, benchmarking, claims experience and competitor analysis through Unumâ€™s internal tools.
- Provide Request For Proposal questionnaire support on large cases and create quote package for rep and broker under the direction of the sales rep.
- Through reporting, data and analysis, support local marketing initiatives that drive and promote specific market agenda.
- Assist with delivering customer forums, broker events, leadership travel arrangements
Proactive Mining and execution of the Inforce Block (20% of role)
Proactive review and analysis of inforce block; manage/monitor process to support identification of cross-selling opportunities
- Compile broker summary profiles and provide profit and persistency analysis
- Manage and track the block renewal programs and execute on customer expansion opportunities
- Responsible for managing and executing all inforce block management customer expansion programs in partnership with the core market team
- Assist Sales Team with delivering broker development programs
- Financial GPC processing which may involve large/complex financial changes
- Complete account research and provide recommendations on expansion opportunities
Office/Management Support (10% of role)
- Responsible for day to day operational tasks that are key to maintaining the working order of the office as needed by the MD/DMD.
- Tasks range from managing incoming correspondence via phone, email, postal mail to maintaining supply levels, processing facilities requests, and maintaining office cleanliness.
- Handles system updates to customer/broker databases, run reports, and complete various data entry duties to support overall sales, inforce management and marketing activities.
- Complete Broker of Record changes and term requests.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the MD/DMD.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent business experience required
- Experience in the employee benefits industry preferred
- Full understanding based on assignment of the Unum US or Colonial Life product and service portfolio preferred
- Solid growth and sales orientation
- Solid communication skills â€“ both written and verbal
- Proven negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Solid problem solving/creative problem resolution abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills â€“ Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Solid technical aptitude – ability to utilize and leverage technology and systems
- Solid organization skills/ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to partner with a close team and develop strong business relationships
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Energetic, outgoing, thrives in a high volume environment
- Takes initiative/Results oriented
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.