Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company â€” not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and weâ€™re excited about whatâ€™s next. Join us.
The Finance Agility Lead will be responsible for coaching and mentoring Scrum and Kanban teams, stakeholders and other organizational leaders with the overall goal of Finance transformation to agility. They will assist employees at all levels in their development and application of Agile. The Finance Agility Lead will help lead and guide multiple finance agile teams in delivering transformation projects that meet the needs of our customers, stakeholders and business partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with other Agile Coaches across the enterprise to lead continuous improvement opportunities into the Unum Groupâ€™s Agile Model.
- Trains and coaches new Scrum and Kanban teams in Agile values, principles, practices and frameworks.
- Responsible for the growth and development of new and existing Agile teams while they transition to Agile and as they apply new best practices through continuous improvement.
- Mentors and guides multiple teams on a day-to-day basis
- Helps identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and works with the leadership team to create effective remediation strategies
- Ensures Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, being a voice of reason and authority
- Continually grows his/her craft learning new tools and techniques
- Able to handle conflict resolution, facilitating discussions and assisting teams in determining the best approach to their work with teams to achieve self-organization team accountability and assisting teams in working in a self-directed, cohesive manner
- Works with teams on how to identify and burn down technical debt
- Brings disclosure and transparency to the business and grows business trust
- Understands the value and execution of effective Agile engineering practices, such as Continuous Integration, unit testing, code refactoring and simple design principles.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unumâ€™s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and Risk Management relate to both your own role and your divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unumâ€™s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and/or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban frameworks
- Strong planning, organization, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in code refactoring, simple design principles and continuous integration
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring new Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience in creating Agile training/workshop material
- Experience working with large, small, remote and collocated Scrum and Kanban teams
- In depth understanding of Agile values, principles and frameworks.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Agile values and practices
- Experience with TFS or a similar ALM tool is a plus. Experience scaling Agile across a large, complex enterprise is a plus
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best â€“ both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.