When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
This is the third level in a five-level job family accountable for the successful onboarding of Unum customers. This role has primary accountability and ownership of the Onboarding process for clients over 100 lives in the core market and requires increased knowledge of technology partners and solutions. Product knowledge of integrated products (supplemental health, VBCP, and group) inclusive of ASO, Flex, ADP HRC, and technology solutions inclusive of benefit administrators requiring special handling, hosting, and enrollment is required.
The role operates independently with a sales and marketing perspective, understands key relationships, and engages partners to drive the best solution for the customer. This role may also include consultative plan design support and discussion with the Field, Plan Administrators, Producers, Underwriting, and other various areas to ensure completeness and accuracy of the new sale implementation.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Accountable for successfully onboarding the customer by providing consultation of the right products and solutions as well as ensuring accurate deliverables to prevent downstream impacts to claims or servicing
- Collaborates with multiple internal partners and stakeholders from billing through claims
- Maintains ownership of complex timelines for enrollment readiness. This encompasses file testing (hosting), pre-enrollment consultation and readiness calls with both internal and external partners as needed.
- Supports critical junctures in the process and provide ongoing consultation throughout onboarding
- Ensures accurate systems coding (e.g., for creation of contract, first bill, booklet text, and commission schedules, etc.)
- Effectively and proactively consults with customers utilizing broad knowledge of Unumâ€™s products and solutions to drive successful onboarding and technology to meet customer needs
- Identify potential issues, concerns, and problems utilizing problem solving skills to seek root cause and identify solutions that provide an improved client experience
- Recognize change requests that will impact overall risk and/or rates and notify field partners of the implications of an exception/change and then collaborates on potential solutions and alternatives
- Ensures set up of data connection solutions to support ongoing administrative and eligibility. This includes troubleshooting data options, education of the services, submitting appropriate file set up requests, working with internal and external partners to accomplish testing needs and communication to all stakeholders during the process until files are successfully in production.
- Responsible for resolution and troubleshooting of technology and service issues that occur throughout onboarding and enrollment experience
- Contributes to the development of new tools and process mapping that supports new offerings and updates/improves current tools, actively seeks opportunities to implement changes which improve accuracy, timeliness, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- Embraces and leads change to improve workflow, enhance customer service and reduce operating costs
- May participate in projects and studies regarding major changes to new account creation and information collection
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency in responding to field partner, broker, and customer inquiries to ensure that responsiveness and service standards are being met
- Leverage internal partnerships to identify service resolutions that make it easy for our customers to do business with Unum
- Achieves high customer satisfaction during customer acquisition through building of relationship with the customer during the implementation period
- Provides continuity support for onboarding organization as volume of work and capacity demands
- Consistently engage in lean management and agile practices to enhance technology and process with the goal of achieving higher Employer CSAT during onboarding
- Demonstrates strong leadership behaviors as defined in Unumâ€™s Leadership and We are Unum characteristics.
- Provide mentoring and subject matter support to teammates for core and small business markets
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experiences
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Services, Employee Benefits, HR administration, or related IT Development
- Demonstrated proficiency in the core elements of the Onboarding Specialist role for career path progression
- Ability to plan, negotiate, organize, and influence internal and external resources
- Proven Leadership and consultation skills.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of functional systems within Unum and corresponding business applications
- Experience in successfully managing concurrent projects and managing multiple resources
- Demonstrates initiative â€“ proactive, assumes responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to embrace and lead change to improve process, efficiency, and service
- Supports a culture that is externally focused
- Ability to analyze problems and develop and execute creative, customer-focused solutions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to ensure overall business needs are met
- May require occasional travel
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.