To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Director, HCM Client Consulting leads the operations of our HR Connect Consulting team. Under the director leadership, the HR Connect team works directly with customers to define their consulting needs and ensures deliverables as promised.
The director manages the HR Connect Consulting strategy and identifies ways to leverage HR Connect HCM systems and/or application functionality more effectively on a global basis. This role will proactively direct value-added continuous improvements and innovative solutions that support of business strategy and process.
The Director, HCM Client Consulting is responsible for the coaching and promoting performance for the HCM Technical Analyst or HCM Technical Consultant team members.
This is a hybrid position located in Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA, Chattanooga TN, or Portland, ME.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (Computer Science, Human Resources, or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of HCM (Workday, UKG Pro, ADP) and business analysis experience or related.
- Minimum of 2+ years of direct management experience.
- Experience directing and configuring a large global HCM platform required.
- Ability to apply broad business and technology understanding of internal and external trends and capabilities, to ensure successful implementation of HCM plans.
- Extensive application configuration and user support experience strongly preferred (Workday, ServiceNow, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.).
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience with HCM systems, integrations, and downstream, cross-functional impacts.
- Demonstrated leadership in executing HCM plans successfully that enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or business priorities.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles.
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encourages others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful.
- Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking capability.
- Demonstrated extensive project management skills for large and complex projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills; ability to thrive in a team environment as a change agent and the ability to work independently is required.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of employees ranging from employee to senior executive level.
- Must have proven track record of successfully proposing, documenting, and implementing improvements to systems and processes in a global environment.
- Computer skills: Workday, ServiceNow, Microsoft SharePoint, strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Directing how to leverage Unumâ€™s HR Connect Consulting team to deliver first in class experience for our customers.
- Proactively recommending and driving process improvements and innovative solutions to add value to the business.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and mentorship to HCM Consultants on the team. May manage HCM Analyst or Senior Analyst resources including managing performance and providing ongoing coaching and development.
- Directing the design of and configuring of customer systems changes in support of business strategy and process.
- Partner with functional areas, business partners, business leaders, and cross-functional teams to understand business strategy and processes and how technology delivery can change, support, or automate those processes.
- Manage cross functional projects or proofs of concept for HR Connect solutions that require multiple resources, dependencies, and ensuring objectives are delivered on time and under budget.
- Manage HCM Consultants roles on the team to ensure they have the training/certification needed to deliver best in class consulting services
- Direct and drive technology initiatives that span multiple HCM platforms.
- Consults with product owners and Technical Architects on technology capabilities, product roadmaps and how Unum can best leverage functionality to support business goals and objectives.
- Proactively identify process and/or configuration gaps. Recommend, influence, drive and implement opportunities to improve the employer experience
- Provide necessary HCM Consultant coverage during high volumes period.
- Influence vendor product direction through active membership and contribution to Community sites. Develop and build relationships with other vendor customers, product managers and other influencers at vendors. Represent Unum at events, conferences, and user groups.
- Manage technical vendor relationships related to implementation projects and/or ongoing support. Negotiate with, influence and drive vendors to support Unum and project delivery.
- Document business process, process support tools, training materials and test plans.
- Establish and develop relationships with partners throughout the enterprise, including Information Technology, Finance, Procurement, Security, Legal, etc. to ensure optimal cross functional system optimization and process design
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.