To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
Minimum starting base pay is $41,600
The Customer Benefit Advisor (CBA) I is the first step in a two-level career path. A CBA I is the critical first point of contact for our customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service for up to four lines of business serviced by Unum/Colonial life. It is critical to provide accurate information on benefits, claims, and or policy administration with minimal operational oversight. You will also be tasked with compiling information for multiple product types, from multiple systems, and providing responses to customers that are thorough, clear, and concise. All work is carefully performed according to established protocols/procedures. While service is focused on our external customers, you will also be responsible for creating detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal cross-functional business partners.
In addition to providing excellent customer service in accordance with established standards, you will also demonstrate contributions aligned with Contact Center key performance indicators. To be successful you will need to demonstrate individual metrics (i.e. accuracy, post-call surveys, average handle time, after call work, etc.) that are in line with pre-set expectations and drive results for the Customer Contact Center.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Be the customersâ€™ go-to person by being there, on time, ready to help them via multiple avenues of communication with timely and accurate information regarding policy and coverage-related questions.
- Meet or exceed company goals and metrics to guarantee the best experience for customers.
- Be open and motivated by feedback and guidance to be at your best for customers.
- Protect customersâ€™ privacy and reassure them with empathy and professionalism.
- Be available to work on-site a regularly assigned shift between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Eastern time.
- Reliable attendance in accordance with contact center attendance guidelines.
- Successfully complete all required training without missing any content.
- Ability to obtain information from multiple systems and relay to customers in a seamless manner.
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are Unum value statements.
- May serve as a certified mentor, as needed
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Unumâ€™s Contact Center training program, including demonstrating phone proficiency, and passing required knowledge checks.
- A passion for helping customers and exceeding their expectations with high integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor styles to the audience
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, structured environment and answering numerous inquiries for customers at their greatest time of need.
- Strong computer and multi-tasking skills as well as the ability to confidently work in multiple systems with dual monitors.
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to continually learn and grow.
- An excellent work ethic and ability to adapt and work successfully in a continually changing environment.
- Dependability â€“ being there when needed by teammates and customers.
- Comfortable with video communications via MS Teams throughout the day to communicate with teammates and leadership face to (virtual) face.
- Must be located in or near the Chattanooga, TN area and be able to commute to the Chattanooga Home Office five days per week.
- Must be on-site Monday through Friday and work any assigned shift between the hours of 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (EST).
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.