When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
* Higher job level (Senior Compliance Manager) may be considered based on candidate experience. *
This position is accountable for driving and implementing projects that support the Unum US compliance program. Projects include designing oversight programs and systems for analyzing and tracking legislation and other regulatory activity.
The position requires strong knowledge of Unum, the compliance and regulatory environment, Unum’s products, services, and the marketplace as well as critical thinking skills. The individual will act as the primary interface between the Law Department and the business areas regarding the compliance program.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads and manages projects involving the creation of procedures, processes and tracking devices that facilitate the Unum US regulatory compliance program
- Independently develops methodologies to ensure compliance with new legal requirements
- Develops and conducts training on regulatory compliance for business partners
- Researches and analyzes applicable state and federal laws as well as industry trends to develop recommendations and strategic direction to ensure regulatory compliance
- May participate in meetings with insurance department personnel, as needed
- Collaborates with Law Department partners and business areas to ensure the effective review, evaluation, and implementation of action on legislation, new laws and regulations affecting the product offering, including legislative trend analysis. Coordinates approach across multiple product lines
- Participates on project development and other cross-functional teams to develop and implement more consistent business practices
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent business experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years regulatory experience and/or working in the legal environment
- Strong technical skills â€“ Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong/proven knowledge of business processes and structure within an insurance environment
- Proven ability to research various areas and gather relevant information and positively impact project delivery
- Strong experience in project management and working on process improvement
- Strong verbal and oral communication ability
- Strong organization skills for documentation and other aspects of position
- Proven experience for successful partnering with areas outside own department
- Strong ability to resolve issues/conflict and negotiate and facilitate with project groups with proven experience driving group to successful completion
- Strong ability to analyze complex issues, resolve problems, and exercise discretion to make appropriate recommendations for solutions
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.