When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
This position is an important and key contributor to building customer loyalty which drives positive persistency and maintains financial integrity by making coverage and administrative changes as well as overseeing premium management within multiple legacy systems in support of achieving top and bottom-line growth objectives for Unum. The incumbent is expected to serve as a knowledgeable resource and leader within their role and will possess extensive systems and LTC business knowledge.
This position provides support for internal and external customers both by researching and resolving issues, processing coverage changes and premium payments across multiple systems as well as responding to rate increase inquires. By demonstrating excellent, timely customer service, incumbents in this position are brand ambassadors for Unum.
This position serves as a technical and process resource relative to administration of all LTC products, services and workflows. Provides support to the LTC Rate Increase initiative by partnering with the Repricing Team to develop and execute the LTC repricing strategies. As such, in addition to regular day to day duties the position may be involved in projects, including interaction with internal partners.
This role operates in a fast-paced, high-inventory environment based on customer assignments that include broker/producers and sales oriented representatives in addition to plan administrators for group policies. The incumbent will also be tasked to support the direct billed customer population which aligns them to respond to requests from our individual certificate holders.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Serves as the productâ€™s single point of contact for Brokers, Plan Administrators, insureds and vendors; develops strong collaborative partnerships within the team, across functional areas and with external customers.
- Actively participates in customer relationship management.
- Assists internal partners to set up enrollment events; manages enrollment events, including tracking of application and census information as needed; audits deduction files to ensure accurate billing following enrollment.
- Performs audits as needed, such as enrollment activity and premium remittance and allocation.
- Responsible for the servicing of customer and internal partner requests to include inbound/outbound calls, email inquiries, service requests and general mail.
- Clearly communicates information about products, administrative processes and rate increases to internal and external constituents; proactively identifies and recommends effective solutions.
- Responsible for making accurate and timely coverage and administrative changes within multiple legacy systems.
- Analyze requests for changes to ensure understanding of intended change. Research and respond with timely, complete, and accurate information.
- Manages overall account suspense and premium allocation to stay within business goals. Analyzes and identifies resolutions for past due policies.
- Identifies and communicates solutions for complex/customized billing or administrative changes.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with wide range of customers to ensure service, quality and customer needs are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for coverage administration solutions that meet customer expectations. Provide options in collaboration with internal/external partners and the customer which contribute to driving top and bottom-line growth.
- Identify business trends and proactively seeks and proposes recommendations and solutions with confidence. Refer to management as appropriate for further action.
- Required to independently analyze various daily, weekly and monthly reports and data to take appropriate action.
- Actively seeks opportunities to implement changes which improve workflow, accuracy, reduce operating costs, timeliness, productivity and customer satisfaction. Embraces and leads change. Serves on Project Teams as needed.
- Contribute to team and individual accountabilities in order to meet service goals and quality expectations.
- Provides informal leadership and may serve as backup for quality assurance consultant on technical questions/issues. Act as a leader and subject matter expert for the Long-Term Care business.
- May be required to ensure policy/contract compliance with state and federal legislation and established risk and administrative rules.
- Must have a proven, demonstrated ability to process a variety of products and type of business, from standard to complex.
- May be required to work a varied shift between 8:00 AM â€“ 5:00 PM.
- Effectively handles a full caseload with high quality.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience required.
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions, which balance customer satisfaction and financial integrity.
- Highly motivated and able to resolve problems/issues without the involvement of a manager.
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Effective and experienced commitment to exceed customer needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (phone skill, oral and written).
- Strong partnering skills which contribute to building relationships with partners and other service team members. Displays team-oriented skills.
- Proficient in PC applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) with emphasis on Excel.
- Strong ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment. Able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately when competing demands develop.
- Self-directed ability to work in fast paced environment, both as part of team and individually.
- Actively seeks out developmental opportunities and continuously improve skills of self and others.
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism.
- In depth knowledge of Unumâ€™s Long-Term Care product portfolio, and contractual provisions.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with, detail oriented with high focus in quality. Must be able to independently balance multiple tasks concurrently, while keeping all on schedule.
- Ability to train and mentor new members of the team on established procedures.
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.