When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Client Manager Associate (CMA) is in training to be responsible for proactive customer management, education, development, profitable growth and retention. The CM drives, designs, and executes integrated enrollment, service and growth strategies for each customer in their block.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively learn and understand the Pre and Post-Sale Proactive Client Management, Education, Development, Growth and Retention for core market
- Develop and build personal connections with brokers, enrollment firms and customers for assigned block of business
- Learn how to develop and execute on customer-specific business plans
- Profitable Growth of the Inforce Block
- In partnership with sales, assist in learning how to proactively manage pre-renewal communication with the goal of improving reenrollment effectiveness and avoiding renewal distractions during rate guarantee expiration and anniversary.
- Develop understanding of and how to leverage Unumâ€™s enrollment capabilities, services, tools, and how to communicate an enrollment strategy with internal/external partners.
- Work closely with ICS Implementation Manager
- Assist in local Benefit fair activities with Field Office team
- Build and develop enrollment firm relationships for larger customers
- Develop Partnership with Sales Rep, Marketing Consultant and Home Office to Execute on all Strategies â€“ Operating Effectiveness
- Partner with key Home Office areas to deliver full service to customers
- In partnership with sales rep, provide thorough customer updates, broker feedback, and other pertinent action items that impact sales effectiveness
- Learn to develop and present renewals driving persistency and profitability
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience required
- Experience in the employee benefits industry preferred
- Licensed to sell insurance in the states within assigned territory, license required within 90 days from effective date of hire/promotion
- Strong growth and sales orientation
- Develop understanding of the Unum product and service portfolio
- Proficient in Microsoft Office â€“ Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong technical aptitude â€“ ability to utilize and leverage technology and systems
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Strong organization skills/ability to manage multiple demands and priorities
- Excellent problem solving/problem resolution
- With each customer, projects confidence and enthusiasm about the company
- Outgoing, excellent communication skills â€“ both written and verbal
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work/partner with a close team
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Results oriented
- Ability to travel as needed
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
Fully and partially leveraged roles are paid pursuant to a uniformly applied sales compensation plan. For partially leveraged roles, a starting salary or salary range will be listed in the above job description. If salary information is not listed in the job description above, compensation is based solely on commissions.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.