To Enable This, We Provide
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout lifeâ€™s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
And thatâ€™s just the beginningâ€¦
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether youâ€™re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
A Principal Digital Transformation Spec is responsible for leading and delivering complex strategic and transformational digital solutions with the goal of achieving a superior experience for the customer and operational effectiveness. The role will focus primarily on large scale, transformational projects. The incumbent will work closely with senior leadership of assigned business areas along with key management stakeholders to help influence strategic digital based solutions to improve the functional area. The individual will input into strategic decisions while also leading the execution of digital change. They will ensure that solutions being considered align with the strategic direction of the company and are of high quality and will result in a significant financial ROI for the assigned functional area. The role will have ownership, along with senior leadership, for achieving financial, operational and customer experience goals.
This role requires extensive technology, analytical, leadership and business knowledge to effectively transform the business. This role may serve as a manager to a small team of transformation professionals and/or will help coach and develop lower level peers
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Play a key leadership role in technology and process assessment of an assigned organization and present digital solution recommendations to senior leaders.
- In close partnership with the Product Owners, provide direct input into long term technology and digital roadmap strategy for the assigned functional area to ensure that solutions align with company strategy and will have a significant impact on operational readiness, customer experience and financial ROI.
- Create business plans for assigned projects including the development of complex financial cost benefit modeling.
- Research, analyze and synthesize significant amounts of information to quantify and identify business opportunities and issues
- Leverage broad business and transformational subject matter expertise to design digital solutions that align with strategic objectives, support business goals and delivery efficiency gains to reduce costs to operational areas while improving the experience for our customers.
- Simplify and reimagine processes in order to create transformational experiences through digital assets
- Develop and implement change management plans while also acting as a champion of change leading organizations through digital oriented transformations.
- Independently conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analysis of both the external marketplace trends as well as existing internal processes to recommend and influence actional recommendations.
- Constantly operate with a customer centric mindset and ability to analyse most important components of customer engagement that can help drive business solutions and improve customer experience.
- Lead and drive large transformational projects with a focus on utilizing data driven analysis to drive outcomes that will improve customer experience and operational readiness for digital solutions.
- Leveraging complex data models to tell a story, effectively present and influence senior leaders on innovative digital solution recommendations
- Proactively identify learning opportunities to increase both technical and operational knowledge of the industry and company.
- Serve as a transformational leader by mentoring lower level transformational specialists and at times directly managing a small team of professionals.
- Establishes strong, effective and collaborative partnerships with key business area leaders, project managers and subject matter experts to identify specific business opportunities or to address business needs or problems and help build effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and IT development professionals, while managing across journey and technical dependencies to deliver value.
- Through strong commercial awareness, identifies and recommends opportunities to leverage digital based technology solutions to improve business performance and improve customer experience.
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging external trends in digital technology solutions.
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent relevant business experience. Masters degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience delivering value to customers through problem solving, analytics, and/or digital assets, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven understanding of customer journey and behaviors & expectations to invest in technology
- Drive Digital Transformation through customer adoption, user experience labs, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Demonstrate proven experience in project delivery and risk management.
- Experience in leading and building a change culture with stakeholder management, Operational readiness & buy-in with strong communication
- Ability to think and execute at both a strategic and operational level
- Specific experience and/or education in Computer Science or Information Systems is a plus.
- Proven leadership ability with ability to lead, coach and develop others.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking ability with strong understanding of Agile methods
- Experience building and presenting complex cost benefit analysis to obtain buy in from senior leaders for company investment.
- Experience delivering data and/or digital based solutions that have a direct impact on customer experience.
- Strong skills in conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research and turning the results into actional recommendations.
- Proven results focusing on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Collaborative team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including performance-based incentives, healthcare benefits, insurance benefits, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual plans.