University of Southern California
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Special Project Manager oversees Diversity and Inclusion programming focused on challenging our community to engage in their differences, embrace the richness of our experiences, and leverage our differences as strengths to build a stronger community of Trojans. Supporting the Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, will, individually and in collaboration with the project team(s), guide the universityâ€™s strategic efforts to include, welcome, and engage a diverse community of students, faculty and staff.
This is a FIXED TERM, PART TIME position ; although subject to change , the duration is approximately one year from date of hire.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OID) staff with project management, implementation, and evaluation of a diverse group of initiatives and programs.
- Work experience in project management; including but not limited to the use of various software and online platforms for the purposes of data tracking, program management, reportin g , and general research .
- Experience in developing presentations related to project goals, objectives , and data.
- Administers project operations and functions such as planning, design and development of project scope, data analysis and reporting of initiative results.
- Designs, implements, and maintains project organization and communication plans which enable the Office of Inclusion and Diversity team to effectively work together and with internal and external higher education stakeholders.
- Prepares status reports on project plans, progress and results of activities. Develops, enhances and maintains information systems to support project operations.
- Coordinates meetings, develops agendas and follow-up items with timelines, implements action steps, and resolves problems and or questions referred by OID staff.
- May directly or indirectly manage university staff assigned to the project. Plans and staffs project operation based on proposed activities and timelines.
- Drafts various documents and dissemination products including, but not limited to recruitment and retention materials (flyers, advertising copy, etc.), technical research reports, conference abstracts, presentations, journal articles, research briefs and blogs, social media posts, and other dissemination materials.
- Develops, manages, and reports on project budgets.
- Performs other related duties such as occasional event planning and execution .
- Strong background in high-level project management, data analysis, program evaluation, and research
- Strong background in working effectively with professional teams
- Strong background in working with diverse stakeholders: internal, external, and community partners/agencies, and general public .
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking skills, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Capacity to pay m eticulous attention to detail in all internal and public-facing communication and documents
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, take initiative, be flexible, organized, and responsive when working with multiple individuals on multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize and multi – task in a dynamic, and fast-paced DEI environment
- Ability to identify potential challenges and working towards solutions within a higher education environment
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Bachelors degree, or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of related professional experience â€“ Directly related education and project administration experience in specialized field represented by the project
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Project administration and general research experience
- Preferred Education : Masterâ€™s degree, or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of related professional experience â€“ Directly related education and project administration experience in specialized field represented by the project
- Preferred Field Expertise : Administrative or project administration experience.
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Quick tip: The cover letter can be added at the same place where you submit the resume in our application tracking system.
The annual base salary for this FIXED TERM , PART-TIME position is 64,480.00 . When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative or project administration experience.