University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
We are seeking a
Food Service Supervisor
to join our rapidly growing team.
Enthusiastic, dedicated, supportive, and hardworking â€“ these are just a few of the ways we describe our team. The Food Service Supervisor will lead us in the pursuit of continued excellence, and will have a chance to make a difference in how this vision is achieved. As our coach and mentor, you will direct all of our fine dining operations, from employee management to event marketing. We are focused on creating a warm, welcoming, and inclusive environment for both our guests and our other team members. You will be responsible for furthering this passion and carrying on our USC pride!
- Greets patrons, assigns tables and manages reservations. Answers phones and emails as a representative of the unit and performs various duties unrelated to position as required by management.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and oversees activities of dining room staff on a daily basis and for assigned events.
- Provides guidance and direction to service personnel. Schedules and assigns workload. Trains food service employees. Demonstrates techniques, equipment or procedures to service personnel.
- Oversees the set-up and break down of venue.
- Ensures assigned unit meets and/or exceeds all federal and state health and safety regulations. Conveys established policies and procedures.
- Responds to and tracks customer requests, complaints and feedback.
- Oversees cash handling and performs the departmentâ€™s banking functions. Tracks and reconciles budget activity and analyzes variances.
- Prepares regular and/or special reports for use in analyses and projections.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of catering and food service.
- Ability to supervise, train, and develop employees.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-volume restaurant environment.
- Knowledge of standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
What We Prefer
- 4 years of experience.
- Experience training, supervising, and developing employees.
- Knowledge of supply management, inventory ordering, and budgeting.
- Union experience.
- This role is part time given the hours of the operation.
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.39 – $30.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated knowledge of catering and food service. Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees.