University of Southern California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining,
serves thousands of students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise
USC Auxiliary Services
and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the Trojan campus count on USC Hospitality to provide a fresh, made-to-order, nourishing meal. Amidst all of the hustle and bustle of student life, our eateries are the ideal social gathering locations to grab a quick bite or enjoy a group meal. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are seeking a
Guest Services Floater
to join our rapidly growing team. This position will work in multiple locations and will not have a set schedule.
Customer service is our number one priority, and the Guest Services Floater will be responsible for upholding our high standards of excellence as you welcome our guests. You will help to ensure that our energetic, friendly, hardworking, and warm work environment flows throughout the kitchen and dining room. As a Guest Services Representative, you have the opportunity to provide an exceptional experience for every guest that walks in our door and leave them with a lasting impression.
- Provide customer services to faculty, staff, students, and guests. Meet and greet guests. Provide necessary information to guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facilities, equipment, and service wear.
- Assist in set-up and break-down of coffee stations and product displays.
- Stock and maintain all supplies, food items, and utensils.
- Provide basic hot and cold food and beverage preparation service. Serve food and beverages to customers. Assemble and package food and beverage products.
- Open and close facilities as required.
- Assist in kitchen sanitation program. Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to department service standards and to all health, safety and university rules and regulations.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required. Report to station, ready to work at the time work assignment is scheduled to begin.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School degree not required.
- Experience: 0 â€“ 6 months.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Cash handling and barista experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have open availability.
What We Prefer
- High School Diploma.
- Starbucks barista experience.
- Proven ability to provide the highest level of customer service and work with various levels and types of customers.
- Knowledge of proper serving protocols.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate for this position is $17.90. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Less than high school Minimum Experience: 0 – 6 months Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Demonstrated cash handling skills. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.