University of Southern California
The responsibilities for the position include providing administrative and budget support for the SCA Business office.
These Support Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
- Trains and responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, and students regarding financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Reviews financial transactions to ensure compliance with university policies.
- Analyzes overall departmental/grant/research spending versus budget. On a monthly basis, reconciles account balances and activity to university financial system, researching and bringing budget variances to the attention of the supervisor for discussion and resolution.
- Prepares financial reports to be distributed to stakeholders.
- Assists in the set-up of accounts, prepares, processes and/or reviews paperwork, e.g., reimbursements, requisitions, contractor agreements and other budget and business forms.
- Inputs financial data to ledgers or departmental accounting systems. Reconciles internal records to university financial system reports. Researches problems and corrects errors or brings to the attention of the supervisor for further consideration.
- Monitors and/or controls expenditures for intercampus and external vendors. Reconciles vendor statements and pays invoices. Interfaces with purchasing, external vendors and accounts payable to verify prices and resolve discrepancies.
- Interacts with university financial offices to exchange information and resolve problems.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Business administration, accounting or related degree and budget experience including knowledge of government and fund accounting. Strong computer skills with use of automated spreadsheets.
Bachelorâ€™s degree and/or 3 or more years of relevant work experience
University budget experience and knowledge of university financial systems
Strong computer skills including Excel spreadsheets
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Team oriented, self-motivated, strong work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines and interact with all levels of management
Workday, Jaggaer Marketplace And Concur Experience Preferred.
Knowledge of university purchasing/financial policies and procedures.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity
The hourly rate range for this position is $34.92 – $39.88. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Business administration, accounting or related degree and budget experience including knowledge of government and fund accounting. Strong computer skills with use of automated spreadsheets.