University of Southern California
This is a 6 months fixed-term position.
The USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy was founded in 1945. Since its inception, USC has been a pioneer of the physical therapy profession and a leader in both physical therapy research and education. Currently ranked as the #1 program in the nation by US News & World Report, the USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy continues to be a prestigious center of excellence for the clinical practice, education, and research of physical therapy. With physical therapy becoming one of the fastest growing medical professions, the Division understands how important it is to be on the forefront of innovative knowledge, research, and experience.
The Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy is seeking a Clinic Assistant/Physical Therapy Aid to enhance the patient’s experience at the USC Physical Therapy practice at the Health Science Campus. This individual will support the physical therapists within the clinic by improving efficiencies, performing both non-patient and patient related tasks.
- Schedule patient appointments, answers general questions, obtains authorizations and pre-authorizations for patient care services. Schedules appointments with ancillary departments or other care providers as needed. Maintains master calendar for physician(s).
- Ensure patient charts are prepared prior to appointment including x-rays and pertinent lab work, make arrangements to obtain any special equipment needed. Sets up exam rooms, assists physician with exams as needed, monitors patient flow.
- Reviews and codes charge slips for patient care services rendered and/or surgeries performed. Develops supporting documentation for insurance claims and submits claims to insurance carriers.
- Maintains files and records, oversees equipment and office supply inventory. Photocopies, collates, faxes, distributes, mails, and performs errands. Reads and prioritizes incoming mail. Handles or routes as appropriate.
- Maintains calendar for supervisor. Schedules meetings, depositions, etc. Makes arrangements for travel and lodging, facilities, equipment, parking, refreshments and other related details.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free professional development online courses; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events. To view more information, please visit: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/
The hourly rate range for this position is $16.04 – $20.92. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Certificate of completion from medical assistance program. Medical office management, medical secretarial and medical assisting experience. Phlebotomy and EKG skills required for some positions.