University of Southern California
USCâ€™s University Communications
department seeks a creative videographer/editor to create compelling, engaging, informative videos for all USCâ€™s branded channels including USC News, USC social media platforms, and the Office of the President among others. This full-time contract position is offered through June 2023 and includes full benefits.
The Videographer/Editor, known as the
Digital Media Producer
, will be responsible for producing videos on a wide variety of subjects and styles. Styles may vary from documentary, news, promotional, marketing, sizzle reels, and social media videos. Videos should be informative, engaging, and entertaining targeting our wide variety of audiences: students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and the community.
Reporting to the Director of Video and Photographic Communications, the
Digital Media Producer
needs to be creative, collaborative, a quick thinker, a problem solver, a self-starter, organized, personable, and flexible as things change quickly at the university. The Digital Media Producer needs the skill sets of a videographer and video editor. This position will operate a variety of video and audio equipment ranging from video cameras to DSLR and digital cinema cameras; capture video, audio and images; transport equipment to various sites for purpose of video production; use of hardware and software to prepare, edit and store digital content for assigned projects and video productions.
- Proficient with concept development, pitching, camera operation, sound recording, lighting, editing, color correction, and motion graphics
- Proven ability to create and deliver quality video projects on-time in a variety of formats
- A creative thinker, team player and have a great attitude
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, etc. Mac Proficient
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication skills a must
- Knowledge and adherence to copyright law, privacy laws, and use of releases
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in a related field and a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Familiarity with YouTube and file sharing applications
- Demo reel required
The hourly rate range for this position is $31.59 – $43.24. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in a professional digital media production environment. Demonstrated competence in all areas of digital media production. Thorough knowledge of video and audio production procedures, practices, techniques, equipment and terminology. Knowledge of analog and digital video and audio capture, file compression, video switching, character generation, graphics manipulation, lighting, and post-production equipment and software. Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills.