UPMC Mercy is hiring a full-time Kitchen Steward to join our team! This position will work primarily afternoon hours from 12 pm-8:30 pm and this shift is eligible to receive $1.10 more per hour on top of your regular pay rate! Rotating weekends and holidays are required. If you are looking for a position with a great work environment and excellent benefits, we invite you to apply today!
This role is eligible for a sign-on bonus: $500 paid to you in your first 90 days if you make a 1-year work commitment to UPMC
Maintains standards of housekeeping and sanitation in production, service, dining, and storage areas. Maintains department in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with Health Department guidelines.
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures. Adheres to recycling guidelines.
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in designated food service areas following established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related service ware following established procedures.
- Consistently adheres to SDS information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by manager or chef on duty
- Assist in serving food and beverages to the residents in the dining room
- Deliver meals to residents’ apartments when requested
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Monitors and records temperatures according to operation guidelines.
- Maintains inspection-readiness at all times and follows HACCP procedures while completing job duties.
- Uses and maintains equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines; follows all safety procedures.
Complete table settings with water, butter, and crackers prior to each meal
Work permit required if under 18 years old.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.