UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital is seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant – Intermediate to support the 31271 – Cytology Lab department!
This position will work the day shift. Hours are subject to change based on business needs.
Under general supervision, the Intermediate Administrative Assistant provides varied administrative support to a department, a group of professionals, or multiple departments. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, entering requisitions into the department’s system(s), scanning, working with various reports, organizing pathology information, and other general clerical support tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position will have familiarity with medical terminology, as well as strong attention to detail. Previous experience with billing is a plus!
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports).
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes moderately complex data and information.
- Research, drafts, and/or abstracts reports (i.e., conduct initial research to gather information for Supervisor regarding topic of interest).
- May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant – Associate:
- Performs routine clerical functions, such as copying, sorting, filing, and typing.
- Sets up and maintains varied office files, logs, and records office activities.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and messages.
- Greets, screens, and directs visitors to appropriate staff members.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor’s behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly).
Assists supervisor and department with presentations (i.e., provides content editing/content recommendations in addition to standard proofing).
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three yearsâ€™ experience in an administrative support role.
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles and functions. Billing experience preferred.
Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
UPMC Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities.
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.