Are you an experienced OBGYN or Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a better work life balance? If yes, UPMC has the perfect position for you! UPMC’s OBGYN of Lancaster – Lititz Location – is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join their team. The nurse should have previous OBGYN or Labor & Delivery experience. This office/ team rarely has RN openings. The culture of the office is great. The triage nursing team works very well together as a team. They are highly professional, knowledgeable, cooperative, pick up shifts if someone needs off for something, just overall a great atmosphere and team to join.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm. One day a week, you will work 7:30am-6:30pm and will be given a half-day during the week due to the long day. No weekends. No holidays.
- Nurse Triage – field calls from patient and emergency phone line.
- Triages patient situations and coordinates care with physician.
- Assist physician with all aspects of patient care including assessment, evaluation, and education.
- Cross train to high-risk nursing team – Hands on patient care including, but not limited to the following:
- Non-stress tests
- Fetal Monitoring and reading fetal monitoring strips
- OB Intakes
- BP checks
- Give injections
- Complete in-baskets, provide test results to patients & schedule follow-up appointments as necessary
- Provide patient education – Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the episode of care both in the office setting and via phone/written communication when at home.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles (and/or teaching children if applicable) and applies in teaching of patients, families, students and new staff.
- Supports the development of students, new staff and colleagues.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Formulates goals and a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient in a holistic manner.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care.
- Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient’s condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and office practices.
- Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers.
- Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system’s goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Minimum six months experience preferred.
- BSN preferred.
Previous OBGYN or Labor & Delivery experience
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in practicing state. CPR Certification
- UPMC approved national certification preferred. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
Act 34 with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.