At UPMC, weâ€™re all here for the same reason â€” to make Life Changing Medicine happen. Join our team and you will play a unique and important role in our mission to change healthcare for the better.
Why Join UPMC?
In addition to the benefits youâ€™d expect from an industry leader, you can expect
We donâ€™t just take care of patients â€” we take care of our team, too. And we have the data to prove it.
- AWARD-WINNING WORKPLACE: Ranked #1 for Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Managers. And 2020 Corporate Equality Index.
- A recent study showed that UPMC benefits are 20% higher in value than other healthcare providers in our market.
- Competitive pay and incentive program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities to grow in your career at UPMC
Opportunity to work from home after training – Training will be onsite in Pittsburgh, PA and could last up to a few months
UPMC has full-time opportunities available for their Pre-Arrival Representative role. In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining insurance verification of a patient’s benefits.
The Pre-Arrival Representative role is based at the Quantum One building in the South Side of Pittsburgh with the opportunity to work from home after a few months of training. Typical schedules are Monday through Friday during daylight hours.
If you are enthusiastic about assisting others in a customer service role and think you are up for the challenge, apply today!
- Verify insurance benefits with the insurance company or other agency for all admissions, outpatient & surgical procedures.
- Provide financial education to patients and families on insurance matters, outside resources, patient’s financial liability and the hospital-billing process to ensure that patient’s financial commitment to the institution is arranged for the patient prior to arrival for services.
- Refer self-pay and other accounts to financial counseling as appropriate.
Collect monies, and post payments via NUPAY when applicable.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
One year of general customer service experience required
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
At UPMC, we strive to ensure that diversity, inclusion, dignity, respect, and cultural awareness is at the core of everything we do. By fostering an environment where every member of our team has a voice, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, age, or culture, we aim to emphasize a simple point: who you are is important, and who you are has a place at UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.