Join our team of Life Changers!
UPMC is hiring a Full-Time, EMS Specialist to support the offices in
Evening, weekend and holiday availability is required to support the hours of operation.
Excellent benefits, a pleasant work environment, and friendly team are just a few of our perks. Apply today!
Coordinate UPMC Prehospital Care educational programs.
- Works with the Operations Manager for Operational Readiness of the Division.
- Responsible for operational oversight and direction of Paramedic Supervisors
- Responsible, along with the Operations Manager for Kronos (timekeeping) functions in the Dauphin-Perry Division
- Works to modify and adjust the Operational Schedule for EMS and Transport Operations
- Will be responsible for scheduled â€œChief on Callâ€ during after-hours operations. (rotation shared with other Leadership)
- Will function in â€œAssistant Chiefâ€ role as it pertains to EMS Operations and interfacing with other Public Safety Partners.
- Plans, creates and operates at Special Events, and large scale operations.
- Occasionally operating in a Patient Care setting as operations dictate, assisting EMS crews in the field.
- Works with the Operations Manager to manage the maintenance scheduling of the vehicles assigned to the Division(s)
- Works with other members of senior leadership to accomplish the Mission of Community LifeTeam.
- Operates to move all Divisions of Community LifeTeam forward in accordance with goals set forth by the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for interfacing with LifeTeam Communications Center to troubleshoot issues that may arise for inter-facility transports
- Adhere to UPMC and Community LifeTeam Policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Other Duties as assigned
- 3 years of experience in EMS or a BA Degree in Emergency Medicine required.
- Masters Degree in Emergency Medical Services or related field preferred.
- Experience with supervision of medical coverage for mass gathering events required.
- Experience with EMS quality improvement programs required.
- Previous experience in public speaking required.
- Experience in the development of clinical EMS protocols, policies and procedures experience preferred.
- Experience in the Coordination and implementation of research programs pertaining to EMS preferred.
- Familiarity with EMS billing preferred.
Experience in the development and coordination of community health events experience preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
- Instructor certification in trauma life support, ACLS, BCLS, and PALS preferred.
Certification as a CCEMT-P preferred.
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Driver’s License
- Paramedic OR Pre Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.