UPMC Somerset is hiring full-time & part-time Registered Nurses (RN) to support the Medical/Surgical Units! These positions will work 12-hour rotating shifts including rotating weekends & holidays.
UPMC is excited to offer a generous Sign-on Bonus to eligible Nurses! Whether you’re a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details
- Graduate Nurses
- Full-time/Flex Full-time: $10,000 with a 2-year work commitment
- Part-time: $5,000 with a 2-year work commitment
- Expereienced Nurses (1+ Years of expereince)
- Full-time/Flex Full-time: $15,000 with a 2-year work commitment
Part-time: $7,500 with a 2-year work commitment
Under the general supervision of the Director, Coordinator or Manager the Registered Nurse plans, assesses, implements and evaluates nursing care of patients in the assigned area. The Registered Nurse is expected to have leadership skills to supervise other personnel. The Registered Nurse performs and delegates patient care and non-patient care activities as required for the daily operation of the department
- Exhibits qualities of professionalism appropriate to the Registered Nurse.
- Assesses patient problems and prioritizes needs. This includes critical thinking that permits differentiation.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise patient care as indicated by the patient’s needs to either correct the condition or to reduce potential risk to the patient or write operation.
- Documents in writing and communicates information about the patient status to co-workers, physicians, and ancillary services personnel.
- Reads and interprets policies, procedures, and standards of care to effectively plan and provide patient care.
- Maintains competence in the performance of routine and specialized nursing procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to an education appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Participates in formal and informal staff development activities, both on and off the nursing unit.
- Identifies strategies to improve the flow of work and the cost of providing care.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes positive customer relations.
- Able to independently transfer a patient from the positions of supine, sitting, and standing in any combination.
- Competent at the independent performance of technical skills and uses equipment safely (without causing risk or harm), efficiently (using the fewest possible resources), and effectively (achieving the desired or expected outcome).
- Non-essential Functions:
- 1. Participates in the development of policies, procedures, standards of care, and quality improvement activities.
- 2. Develops and presents educational sessions to class.
- 3. Participates in the orientation of new personnel.
4. Participates in quality workgroups and committees.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Graduate nurses must take the State Board Nursing Examination within 60 days of hire
- BCLS (upon hire or within 6mo)
- BSN preferred
Professional Cert preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
Telemetry: Certs required (upon hire or within 6 mo) are Basic Cardiac Dysrhythmia & ACLS. NIHSS upon hire.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCâ€™s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMCâ€™s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life â€” because we believe that youâ€™re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, weâ€™re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.